Rent the DJI Ronin 2 Professional Combo for your production. Please contact us for a quote on rentals longer than 7 days
Ronin 2 expands creative horizons with the most versatile camera stabilization available, whether handheld or mounted on a vehicle, cable system, Steadicam or drone. It supports up to 30 lbs. of gear, giving creative professionals the flexibility and freedom to choose the perfect camera and lens for the scene. Based on the same transformative gimbal technology in DJI’s original Ronin, Ronin 2 has increased power and torque to carry professional gears at vehicle speeds up to 120 km/h; precise adjustment knobs and hot-swappable batteries for faster setups; and integrated power and internal cabling to easily manage the camera and accessories.
Powerful The Ronin 2 exists to let filmmakers capture the scene they see in their mind. Upgraded high torque motors allow it to support a wider range of cameras, resist high winds and G-forces caused when mounted to a car and keep it moving smoothly in flight.
Supported Builds Whether it’s a simple DSLR or a professional camera with cinema grade glass with all the accessories mounted, Ronin 2 will stabilize the build.
ARRI Alexa Mini
Black Magic Ursa Mini
Higher Torque, More Power, Same Precision With up to eight times more powerful motors than previous iterations, the Ronin 2 can withstand sustained speeds of over 75mph with camera builds as heavy as 30lbs. We’ve increased power without sacrificing control. With encoded motors and extreme precision, the same 0.02° of accuracy remains.
Accessory Support With the new Ronin power hub, essential accessories such as DJI Focus and wireless video transmission systems could gain power and communicate data with Ronin 2.
Versatility A newly designed detachable Grip allows Ronin 2 to stand up on its own and is easily separated when the lower part of the hand grip is not needed. The Ronin 2 is also highly compatible with cable cams, drones, cranes, Steadicams, and more.
Easy The simplicity of the Ronin has been amplified with the Ronin 2, making setup and use easier than ever. Everything, from mounting cameras to balancing and tuning, powering accessories and transportation has been tweaked and refined for ease and speed.
Integrated screen A dedicated ultra-bright touch screen for settings and adjustments has been integrated into the Ronin 2, streamlining and accelerating gimbal setup. Tactile buttons including motor pause are now easily within reach.
Intuitive software The extensively refined, redesigned and expanded Gimbal Assistant app, helps to create content with minimum effort via new features such as CamAnchor, Timelapse, and Panorama, providing a more intuitive and easier to use full control system for the Ronin 2.
Intelligent Enhanced intelligence means filmmakers can get shots with the Ronin 2 that would once have needed specialist expertise or additional equipment, from total smoothness control to studio-oriented smart features.
Integrated Power systems are now tightly integrated into the Ronin 2, capable of powering its motors and the attached camera and accessories without dangling cables or multiple power systems. As it uses a dual battery system, filmmakers can hot swap to keep the camera and accessories powered and maximize shooting time.
Hot-Swap Batteries Two batteries on the Ronin 2, and the ability to run with only one allows batteries to be charged and swapped without interrupting a shoot.
Accessory Powering Installed cameras, monitors, or accessories, including the DJI Focus, can be powered by the Ronin 2 batteries through integrated cabling and ports, eliminating dangling cables.
Reliable Every element of the Ronin 2 has been designed to maximize reliability, from materials to the splash-proof enclosed motor design, cable management, and redundancy. All of this creates a system that shines in the most demanding of shooting environments.
Carbon Fiber Build A carbon fiber build enables Ronin 2 to perform well in extreme weather conditions. Light and durable, it is reliable in the most testing scenarios.
Ultra-durable Batteries Robust and resilient in extreme weather conditions, the Ronin 2’s self-heating batteries ensure stable power output for high-performance in temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C) and high heat environments. Dual batteries capable of operating simultaneously and independently provide complete redundancy, keeping the shoot going.
Integrated GPS The built-in GPS provides the Ronin 2 with essential information for gimbal acceleration and speed, which is crucial for maintaining the camera’s position and the horizon level when moving at high speeds.
1. What are the main differences between Ronin and Ronin 2? Like the Ronin, the Ronin 2 was designed for handheld camera applications but is now more versatile with aerial, car mounting, cable and Steadicam capabilities. Higher torque motors give the Ronin 2 a larger payload and new GPS algorithms allow it to perform smoothly in high-stress environments. Along with many other improvements, the Ronin 2 brings a whole new level of stabilization to Ronin users.
2. What is the Ronin 2’s maximum payload? The Ronin 2’s maximum payload is approximately 30lbs (13.6kg). Through our own extensive testing, the Ronin 2 can handle an Arri Alexa Mini with a Canon CINE-SERVO 17-120mm lens comfortably.
3. How much does the Ronin 2 weigh? The Ronin 2 weighs roughly 9lbs (4.2kg).
4. Overall, is stabilization on the Ronin 2 higher-performing and more accurate than the Ronin/Ronin-M/Ronin-MX? Yes. The Ronin 2 was created with stronger axis motors and its SmoothTrack algorithm has been enhanced for a smoother performance. A new GPS module enables it to perform exceptionally in high G-force situations.
5. Are all three previous modes of operation still available on the Ronin 2? Yes. All three previous modes of operation — upright, underslung, and briefcase — are available with the Ronin 2. What’s new is that users can now transition between upright and underslung modes without changing the position of the camera. Users can now lock the yaw motor for 2-axis mode while using the Ronin 2 with a Steadicam. Now you can lock each axis for an easier setup, better balancing, and safer transportation.
6. How does the new yaw axis quick release differ from previous Ronins? The new yaw axis quick release mount in Ronin 2 means a faster set up in different scenarios, enabling an easier transition from handheld to car and aerial applications.
7. Does the Ronin 2 come with a dedicated stand? No. However, the Ronin 2’s new hand and ring grip design come with retractable feet so that the whole gimbal system can stand upright on a flat surface. The grip is detachable and can be separated when standing is not required for shooting or transportation.
Battery 8. What kind of batteries does the Ronin 2 use? The Ronin 2 uses the same batteries as the Inspire 2.
9. Are Ronin series batteries compatible with the Ronin 2? No. The Ronin 2 is only compatible with Ronin 2 or Inspire 2 batteries and is NOT compatible with any Ronin series batteries.
10. How long is the battery life of Ronin 2? When powering the Ronin 2 and a RED Dragon camera simultaneously, Ronin 2 batteries will last up to 2.5 hours.
11. How long does it take to fully charge the battery? When using the Inspire 2 charging hub, it will take approximately 90 minutes to fully charge both batteries.
12. What is a hot-swappable battery? A hot-swappable battery eliminates power-related downtime to ensure maximum available power. For example, when shooting a video with batteries at low power, hot swappable batteries allow you to change one of the batteries without turning off the camera system, gimbal, or accessories. Hot-swappable batteries thus allow you to shoot continuously and uninterrupted.
13. Can I use the Ronin 2 battery with third party products like monitors? Yes. The battery is designed with a P-TAP port that allows you to power your accessories with industry standard power cables.
Camera 14. What cameras are compatible with Ronin 2? Ronin 2 is compatible with a large number of cameras. The biggest we’ve tested so far is the Arri Alexa Mini with a Canon CINE-SERVO 17-120mm lens.
15. Do I have full control on the cameras mounted on Ronin 2? For selected cameras, user can control its settings such as ISO, frame rate, resolution or start/stop thorough our new camera control module.
16. What is the largest lens I can mount on Ronin 2? The largest lens tested on Ronin 2 with an Alexa Mini weighed about 6.6lbs (3kg). But the largest size of lens varies based off different cameras.
Control 17. Does Ronin 2 come with a remote controller? Yes. The new remote controller is smaller than before with a more functional joystick. It also has dual control frequency bands 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz.
18. What are the main differences between this and previous remote controllers? Users can now change the speeds of the joystick directly on the remote controller by tweaking the knobs, without changing any settings in the gimbal assistant app.
19. What is the control range of Ronin 2? Unobstructed control range is about 1 km.
20. What is the new gimbal assistant app? What can I do with it? The new gimbal assistant app has all the fundamental gimbal parameters such as SmoothTrack settings, motor stiffness, and gimbal operation modes. Included are new intelligent features that are studio-oriented such as Panorama, Timelapse and direct control of supported cameras.
21. What is the built-in screen for? The Ronin 2’s built-in touch screen provides the convenience of changing gimbal settings without using a mobile device directly on the gimbal. With the built-in screen, users are now able to change most of the settings they see on the new gimbal assistant app.
22. Can I use third-party remote controllers with Ronin 2? Yes, you can.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
Ronin 2 Gimbal x1
Carrying Case x1
Ronin 2 Power Hub x1
Camera Mounting Plate x1
Camera Upper Mounting Plate x1
Remote Controller x1
Battery Compartment x1
Intelligent Battery (TB50) x2
Battery Charger x1
Power Cable x1
Charging Hub x1
Accessories Package (Screws & Hex Keys) x1
Cables Package (Red Power Cable, Arri Power Cable, 2-pin Power Cable, DC Power Cable, 6-pin-to-P-tap Adapter, USB Type-C Data Cable, Control Cable for Red, Control Cable for Arri, Ronin 2 Power Cable, S-Bus Receiver Cable) x1 each
Manual Package x1
Monitor Mounting Bracket x1
15mm Rod Mount x1
15mm Extension Rod x2
Ronin 2 Universal Mount x1
You may also like
Be part of the OVT Family
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new product releases, exclusive promotions, and more …